Friday, June 13, 2014

3 Empties: L'Occitane Verbena Lotion, Julep Cuticle Oil and Pretty and Polished Citrus Cuticle Butter

Greetings and Nailutations,

Being a nail polish addict who paints their nails daily (and sometimes more often), I test and use a lot of nail care products to ensure that my nails, cuticles and skin on my fingers stay healthy and moisturized.  I'm going to add into my blog a new blog post called 3 Empties....3 items I've used up and my thoughts on them.  These items will include cuticle oil, lotion, balms, base coats and topcoats.  I have also been starting to test out new products as well which will get their own blog review.  The first set of 3 were used up over 2 weeks ago.

First empty item is Pretty and Polished Citrus Cuticle Butter.  I had purchased a mystery box of polish and received a sample of the cuticle butter (much smaller than the photo taken from Pretty and Polished online store).  There are a few tests I do with products.
Smell test: smelled of citrus and earthy materials, scent reminded me of Lemony Flutter from Lush
Feel test: moisturizing and soothing and a little goes a long way
Loves: all the ingredients (which can be pronounced!) are listed on the jar and no scary chemical names, smells great and kept my skin and cuticles moisturized during long swatching marathons
Buy again?  YES!  I would buy a full size of this product!


Second empty item is Julep Essential Cuticle Oil.  I received this as an extra in my Julep subscription box.  It is advertised to be "full of essential oils and Vitamin E to strengthen nails and cuticles."  
Smell test: the smell was different.....something I didn't recognize.  The overall research I saw, the smell isn't a strong selling point for other bloggers.  I personally wasn't a fan of the scent...at least I wasn't the only one...but I did use the entire bottle.
Feel test: it was oily in nature and requires rubbing it in and allowing ample absorption time.
Loves: my favorite thing about the Julep Essential Cuticle Oil is the applicator.  The roller ball has never gotten stuck and it rolls smoothly across the cuticle.  I am actually re-using the applicator for some other cuticle oil I am testing out.
Buy Again?  No, the product itself was moisturizing, but I'd prefer a more fruity or floral scent and less oily feeling.  (Photo courtesy of Julep online store.)


Last empty is L'Occitane Verbena Body Lotion.  I received this while staying in a hotel!  Yes, I actually use the lotion and shampoo in hotels and take home extras.  
Smell test: lemon citrust scent that is very appealing!  My husband loves the smell as well, which is always a plus.  HOWEVER....if you smell it and you smell a slight pungent "skunk" smell, the lotion has gone bad, yes....I had a L'Occitane Verbena Lotion that was 3+ years old and it did not smell right.  Always use the smell test and trust your nose to know when to chuck it into the garbage.
Feel test: moisturizing, quick absorbing and feels great.
Buy Again?  I don't need to buy it, I have about 15 of them from hotel stays!  HA!  But, yes, I am impressed with L'Occitane lotion and would buy a bottle if I ever ran out.  (photo courtesy of online browsing)


Have you tried any of these products?  Did you have similar or different experiences with them?
Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @beginnails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)