Friday, September 5, 2014

3 Empties: Seche Vite Top Coat, Dream Polish Top Coat + Glisten and Glow Base Coat

Greetings and Nailutations!

I have 3 products used up and ready to share my thoughts on them!  Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of them and what you think.

First is Dream Polish Gem Glam Top Coat in the scent of pink sugar.  I initially reviewed Dream Polish and gave my first impressions in a previous blog post.  I was able to use most of the bottle (just below the sticker label) before it started getting on the thick side and saw noticeable shrinkage (as we see with all top coats).  The scent stayed sweet through the entire bottle as well and wasn't overpowering.
Smell Test:  sweet scent, and 5 free
Feel Test:  speedy dry time.  After using the polish on all 4 swatch fingers, taking photos, I can stamp on the nails and not ruin any of the top coat.
Packaging Test:  My favorite feature is the wide brush!  It makes application a breeze.
Buy Again:  Yes ma'am (or sir...not sure all who reads this)!  I just purchased some melon scented top coat and have fallen in love!



Next is Stuck on Blu Base Coat from Glisten and Girl.  Overall it did it's job, but it was difficult to apply due to the small size of the brush.  I prefer a wider brush.
Smell Test:  strong polish scent, not advertised as being 2-free or 3-free, so I am assuming it does contain the nasties. :(
Feel Test:  dry time is ~5-10 mins, so if you are impatient, this isn't the base coat for you.
Packaging Test: brush is very narrow, which makes application more difficult
Buy Again:  I didn't buy this one (it was gifted to me in a swap with a nail mail buddy), but I prefer a different base coat.  I have another bottle of this base coat I won in a giveaway.  I may give it a second chance because sometimes polish varies from batch to batch.
(Photo Courtesy of www.glistenandglow.com)


The last product is Seche Vite top coat, better known as SV or the top coat you love to hate or hate to love.  SV is one of the fastest drying top coats out on the market....and I mean FAST!  It was the first top coat I started using and grew to love it and then discovered some of the drawbacks.  It gets thick fast....after a few uses you notice the thickening.  Nail polish thinner will not do, SV has it's own "restore" chemical you add to it.  Once it gets thick, there is noticeable shrinkage of the top coat that impacts your mani.  I use SV when 1) I'm in a hurry, 2) I want to do nail art and don't want to wait for my base to dry and 3) I ran out of other top coat.
Smell Test:  Strong polish scent.
Feel Test:  Lightening fast dry time!
Packaging Test: must buy restore to get the whole use out of 1 bottle without thickening.
Buy Again:  YES!  I need it.  I mean, it allows me to speed up nail art!  I typically buy mine at Sally Beauty Supply or a local nail store.  Photo courtesy www.sallybeautysupply.com


Have you tried any of these products?  Did you have similar experiences?  Let me know!

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)