Saturday, September 27, 2014

Dream Polish Ultra Matte Top Coat Swatch and Review

Greetings and Nailutations,

Today I'm sharing a new top coat finish from Dream Polish..  The Ultra Matte Top Coat is a new product developed by Dream Polish.  It is available for purchase now and comes in a few scents or unscented.

Now lets get to some swatches!

I wanted to show a few different looks with the top coat (including nail art) and then also compare it and provide my opinion on it.

First I wanted to test the top coat with a glitter crelly, so I used Polishaus Argentine a pretty grey with magenta, orange, black and white glitter.  This photo is in simulated sunlight.  I used Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish for the shiny top coat and 1 and 2 coats of the Ultra Matte Top Coat.  To my eyes, 1 and 2 coats seem very similar on the glitter crelly.


Next I wanted to utilize a glitter jelly...because one must mattify all jellies!  (I think it is polish addict rule #42.)  I decided to use Jindie Nails Red Velvet Revolver, which is simply is really beautiful.  In the glitter jelly I noticed the difference between 1 and 2 coats more than in the glitter crelly.


I wanted to test was how the Ultra Matte Top Coat worked with nail art.  In the past I have had a beautiful stamping design and then add my go to matte top coat and it smears the entire thing.  I now have to actually do a shiny top coat and then a matte top coat.  With Ultra Matte Top Coat from Dream Polish, I was able to apply the top coat with NO smearing!  Should I repeat that?  NO SMEARING!  Below is Cold Concrete from GG Indie Polish and a Winstonia stamping plate.


The last thing I needed to do was to compare Ultra Matte Top Coat from Dream Polish with my go to matte top coat (O.P.I.).  Below is the comparison with O.P.I. on my ring finger.  As you can see O.P.I. is slightly more powdery looking, while Dream Polish still has some sheen to it.


Loves: I will always love the fact that Dream Polish is 5-free and cruelty free.  I also love that the polish has a great dry time and the formula is perfect.  And of course I really love the brushes that Dream Polish uses - wide!  They make putting a top coat on easy!  I love the product finish overall, however compared to my O.P.I. matte, I'd consider Dream Polish more of a "wax" finish.

Wishes:  I almost wish that the product was called Ultra Wax Top Coat!  :)  I can't wait to see what other fun things Vanessa has up her sleeves!

Stay connected to My Dream Polish:
Store: www.dreampolish.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MyDreamPolish
Instagram: @mydreampolish
Twitter: @dreampolish


Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)