Monday, April 6, 2015

3 Empties: KB Shimmer Cuticle Oil Pen, Fortune Cookie Soap Company Shower Steamer and Dream Polish Cuticle Balm

Greetings and Nailutations,

It's another installment of 3 empties, where I review 3 products I have used up and express my opinion on how well they worked, how well they smelled, their packaging and if I'd make a repeat purchase.

The first product I used up is the KB Shimmer Cuticle Oil Pen in the scent of Lemongrass.  KB Shimmer is a large well known indie brand that also makes polish, soap, lotion and scrubs.  I love her polishes, so I thought I would try out some other products.  The cuticle oil applied easily with the pen applicator.  I kept this cuticle oil on my desk at work.

Image courtesy of: www.KBshimmer.com


Smell Test:  When I first started using it, it had no scent.  I didn't get the scent of lemongrass until there was about 1/4 left in the container.  It was a soft lemongrass scent, not overpowering.
Feel Test: my nails and cuticles remained healthy, applying after washing my hands
Packaging Test: Easy to use and convenient to carry around applicator pen (this is my favorite packaging for cuticle oil)
Buy Again: I would buy again, but I would select another scent to try out.

The next product I used up were the three Shower Steamers from Fortune Cookie Soap Company in the scent of Serenity.  Shower Steamers are a small block of a bath fizz that you set in your shower and allow the scent to rise as it is hit with hot water.  The sent was soft, relaxing and reminiscent of lavender.  The only draw back is if you use a strong scented product during your shower, it over powers the scent of Serenity (I learned that after the first use since I was using a coconut smelling shampoo.)

Image courtesy of www.fortunecookiesoap.com



Smell Test: Soft, sweet, floral, relaxing
Feel or Look Test: slow to dissolve, so it lasts the entire 15-20 minutes of showering
Packaging: Comes with 3 in a wax bag and labeled.  Individual steamers are wrapped in foil.
Buy Again: Yes!

The third empty I used up is the Gem Glow Cuticle Balm stick in the scent of Peach from Dream Polish.  I had previously used one in Pink Sugar and loved it for skin repair and nightly use in a cotton glove.  This one was used for the same thing!  


Smell Test: Juicy fresh peach.  LOVE this scent for the cuticle balm.
Feel or Look Test: This formula seemed a little softer than my previous one, which was nice.  I used it at night when wearing cotton gloves and also as a quick moisturizer on my hands.
Packaging: Easy to use with twist roll up and cap.
Buy Again: YES!  I have several others in my cuticle care bin in other scents!

Have you tried any of these products?  Did you have similar or different experiences than I did?

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)