Tuesday, September 22, 2015

HPB Presents: Autumn Shimmer Leaves

Greetings and Nailutations!

Today is something different!  I decided to link up with some other bloggers and we all did out take on Fall/Autumn themed mani!  What I love about this post is that I can really spot light some nail art.

What does Fall/Autumn mean to me?  The first thing that comes to my mind is the leaves changing colors.  It is my favorite thing about Autumn and the one thing I miss, living in the desert.  I wanted to showcase leaves of Autumn.

I started with a base of 2 coats of MTL Creations' Tree Hugger, a milk chocolate brown and I topped it off with Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish and allowed it to dry.


First I painted my skin around my nails with Nail Jewelry Bling Liquid Nail Tape, to make clean up easier.  Then I used some leaf stencils from Nails Redesigned to create the pattern of leaves.  The polishes used were Candy, Lemon Drop and Whisper all from ZR's Polish, which I painted onto a make up sponge.  I then took the sponge and dabbed it over the stencil to create a gradient effect.  Lastly, I added a final top coat of Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish.




I love how the leaves ended up looking.

What is your favorite part of Autumn?

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails


24 comments:

  1. I love how the leaves look too which is beautiful! My favorite part of Autumn is that I can start wearing some of my boots and the cooler weather. I don't like it hot all the time. Love that macro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa! I wish I could wear boots, I rarely get the chance. Living in the desert has it's struggles. :)

      Delete
  2. Stunning! I really like the leaves on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome!! The stamping is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the colours are what I like most, too, together with chestnuts haha :)
    Love your stamping and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brown is such a great color! Love your fall-mani.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you did a soft shift with the gold/bronze leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Super beautiful! Love the leaves, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love leaves in the autumn too! I don't get to see as often where I live but I love when I do! These turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Autumn. My fav side of the season are the rusty leaves, the Pumpkin Spicae Latte and the roasted chestnuts. Love your mani!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your leaves truly do remind me of the changing ones I am seeing now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)