Thursday, November 12, 2015

November Mani Of The Month Box Swatch and Review

Greetings and Nailutations,

Today I have the November Mani Of The Month box which features products from Heather's HuesDream Polish and Nails Redesigned.  Novembers's box had the theme of Thanks, Gracias, Merci and also had two guest contributors, Ever After Polish and Alter Ego Body Care Products.  Each box features a full size polish, a mini polish and assorted extra glitter all from Heather's Hues, a base coat, top coat in mini size and a nail care item from Dream Polish and an assortment of nail vinyl decals and Swarovski crystals from Nails Redesigned.  (Although this is the last month that Dream Polish will be a main contributor.  Dream Polish will still be around, but she has gotten so busy with her business she wants to place more focus on the expansion.)

This box came with brown feather vinyl decals, stripes and houndstooth designs and tan crystals all from Nails Redesigned, and Gem Stick base coat, Gem Glam top coat and Gem Glam Cuticle Oil in the scent of Grammy's Treats from Dream Polish.  The special guest contributors both included mini polishes.


Now let's get to some swatches!
First up is a nude from Heather's Hues polish called Feast and Family.  A quick glance shows a nice calm nude, but when you examine the polish closer you will see light green, magenta, red, orange, gold flakies and gold shimmer.  This polish applied perfectly and photos show 2 coats with Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish.







Next is a mani using one of the guest contributors - Alter Ego Body Care Products, called Leaf Raker.  This yellow jelly contains green, red, orange and yellow small hexes.  Photos show 2 coats with Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish.  There is some visible nail line, so if you aren't comfortable with that, a nude or white undie or more coats of polish would be needed.







The other polish from Heather's Hues is called Cornucopious and is a perfect fall glitter topper.  Cornucopious contains magenta, orange, gold and brown hex glitters in a few sizes.  I have it shown dabbed over Jenna Hipp's Life Is But A Cream on pointer, middle and ring fingers, and sponged on the pinky to create an opaque look.  I also added an accent of a feather decal from Nails Redesigned all topped with Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish.






The other guest contributor is Ever After Polish's Plum Wine.  This is my first experience with Ever After Polish and the brand did not disappoint.  Plum Wine is a plum glitter jelly with rainbow holographic dust.  It applied perfectly and you know me and purple and jellies!  Photos show 2 coats with Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish.







I also did some nail art with all the fun supplies included in the box.

In this first mani I used Alter Ego Body Care Products' Leaf Raker and then I used the MoYou London Mother Nature 07 Plate along with Wet N' Wild's Get Lucky, GG Indie Polish's Poppy, Jenna Hipp's Just One Bite, and Liquid Kandi's Swiss Chocolate to get an arrangement of leaf colors.  I stamped with a Creative Shop Stamper from What's Up Nails and also used Cuticula Scented Nail Tape for easier clean up.  Top coat is of course Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish.  I really liked this look.





I also created a look with Nails Redesigned stripes making a a half and half nail and also a "V" design.  I used Ever After Polish's Plum Wine and Girlosity Cosmetic's Pumpkin Spice to contrast each other.  I decided to top this mani with Girly Bits Cosmetics Polish Matte'rs Top Coat.



The last mani I did was using Feast and Family from Heather's Hues.  I added some Swarovksi rhinestones from Nails Redesigned to give it a little pop, but keep it neutral.  This design works perfect if you need to stay on the professional side at work.  Top coat is from Dream Polish.



The Dream Polish products in the box were all in the scent of Grammy's Treats.  As soon as I opened it, I hollered at my husband to come name the scents.  He hit 2 out of 3!  Grammy's Treats contains notes of gingerbread, caramel and pumpkin.   This scent may move up into my top 5!!

Matte Top Coat: Polish Matte'rs from www.girlybitscosmetics.com

Loves: I LOVE LOVE LOVE Grammy's treats.  It smells like fresh baked cookies!  I love the fun sheerness of Leaf Rake from Alter Ego and the purple glitter jelly of Ever After Polish.  I also love the secret complexity of Feast and Family.

Wishes:  First I wish Dream Polish the best in her focus on Dream Polish projects and expansion!  I am a fan of Vanessa's and it's also an added plus that she is local.  I'm excited to try new additions in the next mani of the month boxes.  The only thing I would change about this box is to include directions on how to use the houndstooth design.  I couldn't figure it out and after using 2 "sections" of the design and ruining them, I gave up.

You can order the Mani Of The Month Box from Heather's Hues, Nails Redesigned and from here on out Northern Star Polish!  The contents are always a surprise and pre-orders quickly sell out.  Be sure to follow them all on Instagram  (@heathers_hues and @nails_redesigned and @northernstarpolish) or their Facebook pages to updates.

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)