Tuesday, December 22, 2015

It Girl IG102 Stamping Plate Review Part 1

Greetings and Nailutations,

Today I have IG102 Stamping Plate from It Girl.  It Girl is based out of Tacoma, Washingtong (my home state!) and this plate is part of her initial release.  She has new stamping plates releasing soon.  One thing I noticed first off is that the surface of the plates isn't as reflective as others, which I prefer as it makes taking photos a LOT easier!  I was able to capture each image and get a macro of each.


Now let's get to some manis!
The first mani using IG102 Stamping Plate is using the geometric "how many triangles do you see?" image.  (That is what I see in this image.)  I started with a base of Girlosity Cosmetics Toasted and then a matte top coat.  Then I used the dry brush technique with ZR's Polish Behiti Collection.  I stamped with Drip Drop Nail Paint's Yoga Pants.  I loved the technique and how this mani turned out.







The next mani I did was using the outlined single chevrons.  I started with Triple Digit Temps from Ladybug Lacquer and stamped with Jenna Hipp's I Cast A Spell On Blue and topped with with a shiny top coat.







I did a mani using the "cube" or "grill" mark image.  I was a little sad I selected a light stamping polish so that it didn't show up as well.  I started with Polish Addict Nail Color's Soft Kitty and stamped with Jenna Hipp's Look Hot, Feel Cool and then topped it with a shiny top coat.






The maze image was fun and I stamped using Candied Apple Polish Blank Canvas over Essie's Haute Tub.  I added a little gold charm from Hex Nail Jewelry and topped it with a shiny top coat.




The last 2 manis I did using the same image.  Lots of triangles!  The first mani I used Firecracker Lacquer's My Heato, Mojito and stamped with Jenna Hipp's This Is My Jam topped with a shiny top coat.  I also used this image with GG Indie Polish Indigo topped with All Mixed Up Lacquer's Mad As A Hatter, stamped with MPolish Snowberry and topped with shiny top coat.









Other Products used:
Shiny Top Coat and Gem Block Liquid Latex: Dream Polish
Matte Top Coat: Girly Bits Cosmetics Polish Matte'rs
Stamper: What's Up Nails Creative Shop Stamper

Loves: My favorite image of these 5 is the "how many triangles are in this image."  Such a fun design.  The image sizes are large and covered my entire nail with extra room, in fact I have small nails, so I was able to stamp 2 nails with each image!  The next set of images will be in the next blog post!

Wishes: I wouldn't change anything.  I just received a new plate from the new set and I can't wait to share that with you.

Which image is your favorite?

Happy Polishing (and Stamping!),
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)