Thursday, March 23, 2017

3 Empties: Bath and BodyWorks Body Wash, Listerine and Sensodyne

Greetings and Nailutations,

It's another installment of 3 empties, where I review 3 products I have used up and express my opinion on how well they worked, how they smelled, their packaging and if I'd make a repeat purchase.


Now let's get to the empties!

The first item is Bath and BodyWorks shower gel in the scent of White Citrus.  I am a Bath and BodyWorks fiend when it comes to shower gels - love them!  (PS - our water is very hard, so you can see all the water spots.)


Scent: notes of lemon zest, grapefruit, and tangerine as well as sweet florals.  I really love this scent.
Feel: Great lather and clean feeling after use.  
Packaging: Push top and plastic container.  The only thing I dislike about the plastic container redesign is that the top is rounded so it doesn't rest calmly upside down to get every bit of the product out.  
Buy Again: Yep!  I am always stocked up with Bath and BodyWorks shower gels and this scent, as long as it's available, will be re-purchased.

The next product is Listerine - I know random, but I consider it a "health" and beauty product, so I'm reviewing it.  The only reason I purchased this is because I had strep about 5 or 6 months back and I was using it to sterilize my toothbrush and the mouth guard that I sleep in.


Scent: hard core mint - like burn your nose hairs minty :)
Feel: burning minty, but it's comforting to know it's killing bacteria! 
Packaging: plastic container with measuring lid
Buy Again: Only if it's necessary - I am not much of a mouth wash person.


The last product is Sensodyne toothpaste.  I have sensitive teeth.  Near the gums on my upper right side pains me like nothing if I touch it wrong.  Using Sensodyne and NOT rinsing my mouth out has drastically reduced the sensitivity.  (I learned that from the dentist!)



Scent: Minty!
Feel: feels like toothpaste - no surprise!
Packaging: toothpaste tube - no surprise!
Buy Again: Yes, this is the only brand that I use due to my sensitivity.  I'm always looking for other brands that help with sensitivity, so if you know of one, let me know!

Have you tried any of these products?  Did you have different experiences with them?  Do you put date of purchase on your products?

Happy Emptying,
Kristi aka BeginNails

16 comments:

  1. I love BBW body washes but I usually get the freebies. I do LOVE their foaming hand soap in this scent and it's a staple in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG - I always have their foaming hand soap around the house. I love that product too!

      Delete
  2. I like the scents of B&BW shower gels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. White Citrus is a great B&BW scent! I'm so torn about their products though- I enjoy a lot of the smells, but the quality of the products leave a lot to be desired. My skin always feels extraordinarily dry after using their shower gels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always load up on lotion after because I know what you mean.

      Delete
  4. I have suuuper sensitive teeth too. Last time I was at the dentist they gave me a prescription toothpaste because I have such bad teeth. You're also not supposed to rinse, but I just can't stand the feeling of my mouth if I don't! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, that not rinsing part took me a few weeks to deal with. i still kind of cheat & put a little bit of water in my mouth to get it off my tongue at least.

      Delete
  5. My husband and I both use Sensodyne. It's going to be a long time before I buy a different brand of toothpaste again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy, it's like this brand has cornered the sensitive toothpaste market. I've love to see some healthy competition.

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't mind some competition for them, but their prices are pretty decent most of the time.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I'll have to test out some other flavors - this on was so harsh.

      Delete
  7. That Listerine is my favorite kind to use -- you feel like your mouth is super clean, but it isn't uncomfortable burning, lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)