Sunday, July 16, 2017

3 Empties: Clinique Toner, Fortune Cookie Soap Conditioner, Bubble Shack Lotion

Greetings and Nailutations,

It's another installment of 3 empties, where I review 3 products I have used up and express my opinion on how well they worked, how they smelled, their packaging and if I'd make a repeat purchase.


Now let's get to the empties!

The first product that I used up is Clinique Clarifying Lotion, or as us non-beauty gurus call it - toner.  I bought this as a set that also came with a cleanser (still using) and lotion (still using).    After using it did feel like I had a thin film (non-absorbed product) on my face, which I could have done without.


Scent: clean, refreshing
Packaging: large plastic container, however the lotion that came with this set was very small (small than the travel size lotion in a similar kit).  I prefer to use all the products up at the same time.
Buy Again: I bought a travel size kit and full size kit.  Out of the 3 products, I prefer the cleanser.  I would pass on purchasing this again, maybe Clinique is too fancy for my basic skin. :)

The next product I used up was leave in conditioner from Fortune Cookie Soap in the scent of Butter Rum.  I really enjoy their leave-in conditioner.  It helps my waves to keep from frizzing and it doesn't weigh them down.


Scent: Butter Rum - think of butterscotch/toffee.  Whenever I used it, I had my husband come sniffing around my hair telling me I smelled like cookies.  (Luckily he has a sweet tooth.) :)
Packaging: Plastic spray bottle with great nozzle.
Buy Again: I love their leave in conditioner.  I will be looking to purchase more once I run out of leave in conditioners that I have.  I'm currently using another of their conditioners with a fruity scent.

The last product I have to share in this post is a lotion I purchased while on vacation in Hawaii.  I bought it at a tourist shop and needed some lotion that smelled like coconut - yes NEED.  I went in with low expectations, I mean I bought it from the tourist shop and it was very inexpensive.  I used it once I got home and fell in love with it!


Scent: light coconut scent, that lingered throughout the day
Packaging: plastic squeeze bottle with flip top
Buy Again: oh I wish!  I bought 2 or 3 scents from this brand and have loved plumeria and coconut.  They moisturized like nobody's business and smelled lovely.

Have you tried any of these products?  Did you have different experiences with them?  Do you put date of purchase on your products?

Happy Emptying,
Kristi aka BeginNails

20 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of these but that Hawaii lotion sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using it at home, I felt like I was in paradise. :)

      Delete
  2. The leave-in conditioner sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) One good thing is that it made me eat less sweet food. HAHA

      Delete
  3. The coconut lotion sounds really nice! I love the scent so much and kinda wish I bought some to try on my recent trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Coconut makes me feel like I am on the beach. :) I hope you had a blast in Hawaii when you went!

      Delete
  4. Mmm butter rum! I still haven't tried Fortune Cookie Soap, but it needs to happen. I'm always enticed by their will crafted collections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty creative in their boxes and products. Some are hits with me and I will go back every time (conditioner, whipped lotion, cuticle oil).

      Delete
  5. I think, if it was me, i'd be soooo sad these were empty! the scents of the last two are some that I'd really like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Luckily I have the Butter Rum in lotion still! :)

      Delete
  6. You go girl! Emptying beauty products always feels so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Plus it gets garbage out of my house. haha

      Delete
  7. The lotion from Hawaii sounds like something I'd LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember that Clinique toner! It dried me out something awful. The other two products you used sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, it just wasn't for me either. I always placed Clinique in a box of "must be fantastic" but was a bit disappointed.

      Delete
  9. I don't write the date purchased on a product, but at one organizational time I did write on a calendar when things were opened and started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good idea - I need to put it in my planner!

      Delete
  10. My mom loves that Clinique product, goes through it regularly! I think her favorite from them is their moisturizer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one of those products people either love or can pass on. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. :)