Thursday, July 27, 2017

3 Empties: Dream Polish Gem Glam Top Coat, Zoya Remove, Jenna Hipp

Greetings and Nailutations,

It's another installment of 3 empties, where I review 3 products I have used up and express my opinion on how well they worked, how they smelled, their packaging and if I'd make a repeat purchase.


Now let's get to the empties!

The first product that I used up was Zoya Remove+, a nail polish remove that is gentle and sensitive.  This has been my go to nail polish remover for clean up that doesn't dry out my skin or leave a white residue behind.


Scent: Zoya Remove+ does not smell like acetone, it has a gentle scent that isn't overwhelming
Feel: Moisturizing and great for sensitive skin.  
Packaging: I bought during an incredible sale and have been using these containers for the last 4 years!  I still have 2 bottles left!  I do empty them out into a dappen dish.  
Buy Again: Yes. YES YEEEESSS!  I already bought another bottle as back up because one can never have enough Zoya Remove+!

The next product I used up was Dream Polish Gem Glam Top Coat in scent Mint Fluff.  I received this as a press sample last winter (I think) and used it up a few months back just as Dream Polish was closing shop to focus on other things.


Scent: Mint Fluff is sweet and minty - perfect for the winter months!
Feel: Gem Glam Top Coat has been a great top coat for me and I love that they are scented.  They dry relatively quick for me and I love using them.
Packaging: Round bottle with brush.
Buy Again: I can't!  WAHHH!!  She closed up shop.  The only drawback of this scent is that it did shift from a clear hue to a slightly yellow tint towards the last 1/4th of the bottle.

The last product I have to share in this post is Jenna Hipp I Cast A Spell On Blue polish.  This has been my go to dark blue undie/base to many a mani until I used it up.  I bought this (correction - the hubby bought this along with 5 others in a set at Costco).


Scent: smells like nail polish
Feel: 1 coater navy blue - what more can I ask for?
Packaging: Mini bottle, which did have a drawback of getting to all the product at times.
Buy Again: I love these little mini bottles even if it was a pain to get all the product.  I have a few other sets of hers that I love using as bases to nail art and undies to glitter toppers.  The other great thing is that these polishes stamp!  So yes, I would buy them again!

Have you tried any of these products?  Did you have different experiences with them?

Happy Emptying,
Kristi aka BeginNails

9 comments:

  1. I think I'm the only person who hates zoya remove. The scent is so gross to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never finished up my polishes, the worst is that some of my favorites are drying out now :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I feel about scented top coats, but that one intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Zoya Remove and buy it when I can get a good deal! I also love the flipper-style bottles so I reuse them with my own acetone+additive combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoya Remove is a favorite. I don't buy it often, but it's a total luxury when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Zoya Remove is my favorite remover. I never finish polishes though, so I'm always impressed when someone else does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed that you finished a whole nail polish bottle, even if it's a mini. I wish I could finish even one tiny mini! They tend to fester here LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I go through Zoya Remove like no ones business! I love that it doesn't leave my skin and nails dried out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)