Thursday, July 13, 2017

Digit-al Dozen: 5 Days, 5 Continents Asian Wallpaper

Greetings and Nailutations,

It is Day 4 of the Digit-al Dozen, where I am charged with hitting 5 continents and doing manis inspired by them.  I've been to North America, South America and Australia using art work to inspire my nail art.  Today I'm heading to Asia!  I was inspired by a photo of Asian wallpaper and had to recreate it.



Products used:
O.P.I. - Tiramisu For Two
Jenna Hipp - Ooh La Latte
It Girl Nail Art - Olive
Simply Spoiled Beauty - Nail Art Pens
Heather's Hues - Heart of the Matter

I started with a base of Tiramisu For Two and let it dry.  Then I used the dry brush method to add Ooh La Latte.  I used the Nail Art Pens for most of the art work and used Olive for the leaves.  I wanted to have a canvas finish, so I used Heart of the Matter to give it that final wall paper look.





I have to say this is one of my favorite manis.  I was really pleased at the final outcome.  (Although, is it me or do the flowers on my macro look like eggs with pink yolk?  haha)


Be sure to check out the other manis below!

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka BeginNails



26 comments:

  1. These look fabulous! I love the branches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, and you carried the branch layout across your nails so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hoped it would match each nail out and was so happy that it did.

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty! I love how it spreads across the nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! <3 I was so happy that I was able to do that - it's the little things. :)

      Delete
  4. Can't ever go wrong with cherry blossoms! This is lovely, Kristi!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really very pretty and I love how the base came out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL @ the pink yolk eggs! You should do an all-out breakfast mani, with yellow-yolk eggs! There aren't enough food-themed manis out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's gorgeous but now that you said eggs with pink yolks, I can't see anything else lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the perfect mani for the Asian theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow this is stunning! So delicate, reminds me of decorative rice paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so delicate and pleasing to the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could tell what your inspiration was immediately, these are so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)