Friday, July 14, 2017

Digit-al Dozen: 5 Days, 5 Continents African Maasai Art

Greetings and Nailutations,

It is the last day of our trip around the world visiting different continents for the Digit-al Dozen.  I decided on a theme of artwork and challenged myself to freehand everything and I succeeded.  Today is last stop on the tour through 5 continents and I was inspired by The Maasia by David Ndambuki.


Let's get to the details.

Products used:
Jenna Hipp - Say Yellow To My Little Friend
Ribbits Stickits - Cuticle Cover
Simply Spoiled Beauty - Nail Art Pens
Heather's Hues - Heart of the Matter

I started with a base of Say Yellow To My Little Friend and sponged on a darker yellow and orange nail art pen to the top edge and bottom edge of my nails.  I then took the red nail art pen and made a rectangle.  I found a very thin brush and carefully added legs and arms and the occasional staff.  Last part was adding the dots for heads.  Everything is topped with Heart of the Matter to give it a canvas look.



I am so happy at how it turned out.  It's a stunning piece of artwork and I really hope I paid it justice.  So, you have traveled with me to North America, South America, Australia, Asia and Africa - which location/mani was your favorite?


Be sure to check out the other manis below!

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka BeginNails



24 comments:

  1. Okay. Wow! Girl, you killed it. You did that beautiful piece justice. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands down my favorite. It just looks so natural and fluid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa! I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  3. These are so neat! Loved your manis this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is a great interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so gorgeous, and I'm so impressed that you freehanded this! Your lines are so detailed! :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristi, you did such a fantastic job with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so well done! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Nichole - it was definitely a favorite of mine.

      Delete
  9. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang, these look amazing! You rocked this design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I was so happy at how these turned out! This week really pushed me outside my comfort zone.

      Delete
  11. LOVE everything about this! The art, the colors! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this - the colours are so perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)